Wednesday, October 24, 2007

10/24/07- VAF89 Mailbag...



It's that time again where I attempt to answer some hate mail. If you read yesterday's post, then you will be happy to hear that every piece of hate mail today was culled by me with specific note to yesterday's post. Let's get started, shall we.

Bill from Toronto, Canada wrote:

"What the fuck was that? You wrote a fake pilot with some shitty plot involving greed and how it corrupts us to the point of destruction. Gay. I could write a better draft while taking a shit in my bathtub. You suck."

First of all, when do you ever see a rough draft about the future that includes the theory that greed will be the thing to do us in? I'd say that I at least score some points there. Second, why in God's name would you take a shit in your bathtub? And third, saying "you suck" is a blatant cop-out of an insult. You honestly couldn't come up with anything more creative? "You suck" coming from the man who claims that he can, no less, write an entire story draft while simultaneously shitting in his bathtub.

Pete from Anchorage, Alaska wrote:

"That story outline you wrote was a complete waste of my time. I just lost ten minutes of my life reading that. I hope that you're happy."

Yes, I am happy. I am, at this very moment, laughing at the fact that you bitch to me about wasting your time, yet you just wasted your own time writing a shitty piece of hate mail to me. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you irony.

Paulie from Gainsville, South Carolina wrote:

"Lance MacGuffin is a uninspired and faggotty name."

I respect your opinion about the name being "faggotty", but uninspired? I used the word MacGuffin because the literal definition of the word is "to act as nothing more then a vehicle to move the plotline along". This relates to the fact that Lance acts as nothing more then a narrator and example of the real story that is the deconstruction of society by way of it's lust for greed. Next time, learn to read between the fucking lines, you faggot. What kind of a name is Paulie anyway? It's so faggotty and uninspired.