Monday, June 18, 2007

6/18/07- An open letter to [insert news outlet/program]...



Dear [insert news outlet/program],

Why is it that you feel the need to bombard my optic and cerebral vision with chaotic imagery of tabloid fodder such as the trials and misadventures of Paris Hilton? I think I speak for all Americans, nay, the entire human race, when I say "Who the fuck cares?". People get arrested for far worse crimes then parole violation and drunk driving each and every day. Why aren't they on the evening news? Oh yeah, that's right. Because the average Joe doesn't run around partying and and fucking Greek shipping heirs all day. If that's what it takes to make the front page of the post these days, then the four horsemen of the Apocalypse are not far behind.

I realize that your industry is a business at heart. And using oddball stories like Paris Hilton get ratings. And good ratings equals good business. But grow some fucking balls and retrieve your journalistic integrity for Christ's sake. When I turn on your 24 hour NEWS channel I want to see the fucking NEWS! Not Access Hollywood! I thought shows like Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood were created in order to give an outlet for entertainment stories so that they don't interrupt REAL news like, uh, you know, that little conflict we have going on in Iraq!

Whoever responds to this. Can you please answer me one simple question: Why is the 18 year old kid from Nebraska who goes to Iraq, watches some of his best friends die, and then loses both of his legs, an arm, and vision in both of his eyes get less press then a dumb bitch who violated a drunk driving parole?

Sincerely, Vin Forte.