Wednesday, May 16, 2007

5/16/07- Help me help out Human Giant...




As some of you may know, I have a very friendly and symbiotic relationship with the guys from MTV's hit comedy show "Human Giant". They granted me my first interview right before their show aired a few months ago, and because of that interview, when people searched for Human Giant on Google or Digg or any other one of those sites, my blog would pop up with the post of my interview with them. This made my daily hits skyrocket from 3-4,000 to now 8-11,000 daily! Well to be honest, I probably wouldn't have a popular blog today if it hadn't been for Paul Scheer, Rob Huebel, and Aziz Ansari.

Which brings me to the point of all of this. Starting this Friday at 12:00 noon and going until 12:00 noon this Saturday, the guys from Human Giant will be taking over MTV and broadcasting live for 24 hours straight! They'll be showing a marathon of their show as well as be playing their favorite music videos and shows(yes, even "The State").

Make no mistake, this is a big fucking deal. This is only the third time in the history of MTV that they will have allowed a guest to take total control of their airwaves for 24 hours straight(the other two guests being Foo Fighters and Courtney Love).

I'm asking all of my readers to watch this Friday and Saturday for as long as you possibly can(or fuck it, at least just leave your televisions on so that they'll still get the ratings). Also, go to
www.mtv.com and hit up the Human Giant section. Another condition of the takeover deal was that the MTV website would get over 1,000,000 hits during it. Don't ask why, I honestly don't know why.

But maybe we'll all find out tomorrow when I interview, for the second time, the boys from Human Giant. That's right. Remember when I said earlier in the week that I had a surprise planned for this week? Well, this is it! For the next three days this blog will be devoted to all things Human Giant in an effort to help out the guys who helped me out.

So here's the rundown for the rest of the week:

*Tomorrow- My follow-up interview with Human Giant. It certainly won't be as long as the last one, but really what interview would be?(I mean, that was a long fucking interview) But they'll be taking time off from preparing this weekends content to talk with me and help get the word out about their MTV takeover.

*Friday- To get everyone in the spirit of things, I'll be posting a slew of Human Giant videos. Oh, and did I mention that it'll all be reader requests? Start commenting me with your favorite HG skits now!

*Saturday- Probably a thank you to the readers for helping out Rob, Paul, and Aziz. And then pretty much back to schedule.

See you all tomorrow!