Wednesday, March 7, 2007

3/7/07- Day of renewal...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Today is a great day. Why? Because today is the sophomore day of renewal. Today only the sophomores go to school, so I have off. At this "day of renewal" what happens is the students who go must go to different classrooms for forty minutes each and watch different presentations. The theme for sophomore year is abortion, what fun. I can tell you that I recall my sophomore day of renewal very well. It was quite possibly the single creepiest day of school I've ever been a part of.

One of the presentations was this really creepy preacher who claimed to have influenced thousands of teenagers "just like us" that abortion was wrong and should not be preformed under any circumstance, including abuse and rape. Yeah right. So a twelve year old girl gets raped and can't get an abortion because some creepy guy in a suede vest and a thin moustache told her not to? Bullshit!

But the worst part about the day was when we saw the presentation by this extremely creepy woman with the fattest kankles any of us had ever seen. She started out by acting like the nicest, sweetest person you had ever met. But then, out of absolutely nowhere, she started talking about how during a partial birth abortion they take the baby out almost all the way and then stab it in the head with forceps and kill it before removing various baby parts with clamps and scissors. But that wasn't the creepiest part. The creepiest part was when she showed a video of this procedure being done. I just threw up a little in my mouth just thinking about it.

So, good luck to all of the sophomores in school right now. You'll need it. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to go throw up now.