Friday, March 9, 2007

Myspace Blog #5: I hate school dances...

*I wrote this blog post after getting really annoyed with talk of the (then) upcoming school "Sea Wave" dance. I though I should dust this one off and present it to you now because with this years "Sea Wave" to take place next week, it just feels like perfect timing. This post was written on August 13, 2006.

With senior year just on the horizon and many school functions on the way, can somebody please explain to me why I should go to a school dance?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Every time I tell some random kid who asked me about it in school that I am not going to a school dance, they look at me like i'm insane. "You don't want to go to the dance?" They say. "But why?" Well, for all of those people who have asked in the past and for those who will in the future, here are some reasons why:

There's no way in hell that i'm going to shell out 30 hard earned dollars of my money, that I earn by lifting stoves and dishwashers into people's houses, just so I can have the esteemed privelidge to get to stand in a room full of spoiled over privelidged teenagers who consist of guidos and wannabe gangsters, and be so lucky as to get to hear the same techno beat blasting into my eardrums the entire night. Yes folks, while people in this country go hungry each night, others spend their obviously much valued time picking out what thousand dollar outfit(that nobody will even give a shit about) they should ask their daddy for, and wear to this most important of events. Why would anyone who even has one ounce of respect for me even ask me if I was thinking about attending a school dance. I only hate a few things in life, dance music(because it's just manufactured garbage), guidos, and people who feel the need to fit in to a certain trend(see guidos). And the very notion of a school dance contains all 3.