Friday, March 30, 2007

Myspace Blog #8: My Christmas blog (written two days after halloween)...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

*Well, this is it. The final Myspace blog.(as well as the most time sensitive one) It pretty much speaks for itself. Christmas is coming earlier and earlier every year, and I'm sick and tired of it as well as all of the political correctness bullshit that goes with it. This post was written on November 2, 2006.

It's only two days after Halloween and already there are Christmas undertones in the air. The first sign I noticed that made me wonder if Christmas was coming too early came while I was walking around the Staten Island Mall yesterday. I calmly walked into the mall, made a left, and noticed a clothing store that had multicolored lights on it's sign. I thought to myself, well maybe these are just festive lights and not Christmas lights. So I just kept walking. But then I passed a CVS. And hanging in the window was a big lit sign that said "HO HO HO", and next to that sign was a big inflatable lawn Santa. At that point I knew it was official. Christmas had arrived at its earliest time ever: 1:47pm on November 1st.

This is getting ridiculous! Every year Christmas keeps getting earlier and earlier. When I was a kid Halloween was Halloween and Santa wasn't poking his fat ass into it. I'd be willing to bet you any amount of money that next year for Halloween some stupid kid rings my doorbell dressed as Santa and shoves a big red sack near my face and says "trick or treat". Also, when I was growing up thanksgiving was thanksgiving, not Christmas: part 1. You ate, you drank, and you passed out, and nobody woke you up and said "lets go shopping".

Now don't get me wrong. I'm the biggest supporter of Christmas you will ever find. It's my favorite time of the year. But having Christmas presented to me the day after Halloween and not the day after thanksgiving just takes some of the effect away from Christmas. It just doesn't seem so special when its hyped up over two months in advance. For Christs sake people, some radio stations on the east coast have already flipped to their annual all-Christmas music format.(on November 1st?)

Oh, and for the record, its "MERRY CHRISTMAS" not "SEASONS GREETINGS" or "HAPPY HOLIDAYS" you uptight politically correct mother fuckers.